Thursday, November 4, 2010

Personal Experience. After posting this photo a friend of mine from my days in cadets pointed out that this was at Fort Rodd Hill. My experience at FRH as a child was a happy one. On Canada day my family would head here, and my sister and I would get our faces painted, carrying little Canadian flags and wearing flag pins. I recall popcorn, and usually not wanting to leave.

To me this shows that community, environment, history, parks can lead to happy memories. It's a time long past now, but the memories remain, and paint a picture of the park that maybe no one else sees.

It also brings up my time in cadets, and Sarah. We met in cadets, and went to the Oak Bay Tea Party. We also saw Gob in concert.

Topics discussed today.
War, patriotism, duty, sacrifice, consumption, environment, history, dedication, destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment